Select local parks to be closed for NYE across eastern suburbs
Waverley Council and Woollahra Council have put in fencing to prevent those wishing to watch the fireworks this New Years Eve across the eastern suburbs vantage points.
The NSW Government message is clear. Stay home and watch the fireworks on Television.
This statement was issued by Gladys Berejiklian and Brad Hazzard on the 30 December, 2020
Given the current situation on the Northern Beaches and increasing concern about transmission of COVID-19 in other parts of Greater Sydney (which includes Wollongong) new restrictions will be in place on New Year’s Eve.
This decision has been made taking into account updated health advice from Chief Health Officer, Dr Kerry Chant.
For New Year’s Eve in Greater Sydney (including Wollongong, Central Coast and Blue Mountains) the following will apply;
- Household gatherings will be limited to 5 visitors (including children).
- The limit for outdoor gatherings will be reduced from 50 to 30.
Restrictions for the northern zone of the Northern Beaches remain the same but for the southern zone of the Northern Beaches the following will now apply;
- Household gatherings will be limited to 5 visitors from within your zone (including children).
These changes come into effect from midnight tonight (Wednesday 30 December) and will be in place until further notice.
People are encouraged to limit non-essential gatherings over the New Year period where possible to further minimise the risk of transmission in the community.
We thank the community for their patience.
Our priority is always to keep the community safe.
We are watching the emerging situation closely and will update the community accordingly should any further changes be required.
The following parks / beaches will be closed from 5pm
- Dudley Page Reserve (Dover Heights)
- Caffyn Park (Dover Heights)
- Rose Bay Beach / Foreshore (Fernleigh stairs, Caledonian Road, Percival Park, Tingira Park)
- Dumaresq Reserve (Rose Bay)
- Biddigal Reserve (Bondi Beach)
- Duff Reserve (Point Piper)
- Seven Shillings Beach (Point Piper)
- Redleaf Beach (Double Bay)
- McKell Park (Darling Point)
- Yarranabbe Park (Darling Point)
- Rushcutters Bay Park (Darling Point)
Other regulated / heavily patrolled areas
- Bronte Beach (Seated areas to be closed off) - Beach & grassed areas to be patrolled by police to limit gatherings & enforce alcohol consumption bans.
- Bondi Beach patrolled by police to limit gatherings & enforce alcohol consumption bans.
- Beaches & parks across the eastern beaches to be patrolled by police to limit gatherings & enforce alcohol consumption bans.
For up to date information on NYE 2020/2021 visit www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covid-safe/major-events/new-years-eve
For up to date information on Covid-19 www.health.nsw.gov.au